Maya's birthday present

Saturday, August 2, 2008


I was looking for an excuse to make Maya an apron and I knew her third birthday was the perfect opportunity. She LOVES to help me cook. She loves to push the stool over and help scoop, scrape, dump and stir. And, just like her Nana, she loves to eat the dough, batter, etc., no matter what kind it is! It is fun for me to see her natural domestic tendancies. Hence - the apron! It took just a few minutes at the fabric store to settle on these three (duck cloth) fabrics from Denyse Schmidt Designs. The fabic line is called County Fair. The apron pattern is called the Lizzy Jane Apron. It was my first attempt at using piping, ric rac, doing a pleat and making a pocket! It was a really fun project and Maya LOVES her new apron.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, it turned out so cute! I LOVE the fabrics you chose - way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber