Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies

Saturday, November 1, 2008


This is one of my new favorite cookie recipes. If you love chocolate and Andes mints - then you will love these! I didn't have a picture and in order to get my own that would mean that I would need to make them again and I am trying to be good!!! So - I found a picture of them on Becky Higgins' Blog. I hope that's o.k. that I stole her picture?!?

ANDES CHOCOLATE MINT COOKIES

3/4 cup butter
1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water
(1) 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 & 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 & 1/4 tsp. soda

Melt together butter, brown sugar and water in a medium size sauce pan. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let stand 10 minutes to cool. Add remaining ingredients. Chill dough at least 1 hour. Roll into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 9 minutes. Remove from oven and place 1/2 Andes mint on top of each cookie. Put back in oven for about 10 seconds. Swirl Andes mint on top of cookie with the back of a spoon. Yum!

2 comments:

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber