So I've been wanting to make a list of all the things I am thankful for. I don't know how hard or easy this will be, but here goes!
1. I've got a GREAT husband. I was just thinking today - our marriage started out great and keeps getting better!
2. I've got two healthy, smart and energetic kids who are pretty darn amazing. I'm thankful for a sweet, tender-hearted, brilliant little boy who is growing up to be (thankfully) just like his dad. He loves learning, highlighting scriptures and Family Home Evening. I'm also thankful for a spunky, beautiful little girl who keeps me laughing and on my toes! She's our little song-bird, a total girly girl and can't get enough "crafting."
3. I'm thankful to be a mom in general. I remember back before I had Blake, and it took me a few years to get pregnant. I wondered if I could even have kids. I yearned for that experience of childbirth. I'm so thankful that my prayers were answered and in time I was blessed with two AWESOME kids!
4. I'm thankful for two parents who taught me much. They taught me to put 100% into everything I do. They taught me about Jesus Christ. They taught me to serve and to love. They are great examples of working hard and never giving up.
5. I'm thankful for 4 siblings with whom I have great, loving, close relationships with.
6. I'm thankful I have hands to serve with and quilt with:)
7. I'm thankful for my spunky grandma and loving grandpa who I've come to know well in my adult years. They are wonderful examples of loving unconditionally, working hard, not complaining, staying healthy, serving always - the list could go on.
8. I'm thankful for a husband who takes me as I am. Never makes me feel bad about my faults. He helps me grow spiritually and he's the best darn dad there ever could be. He's completely selfless and I love him.
9. I'm thankful to have a nice home, in a nice neighborhood with friendly neighbors (everyone knows everyone). The mountains are in my front yard. It's a wonderful place to live.
10. I'm thankful to be an American. Thankful to have freedom to choose, freedom to express oneself. Thankful for the conveniences we have.
11. I'm thankful for the service men and women who help to protect our country.
12. Although I didn't vote for Obama, I am thankful that we have made great strides in our country and have elected the first Black President. I think that is a good thing.
13. I am grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm thankful to have a living prophet to guide me in my life. I'm thankful for the freedom of religion I enjoy and for those who helped fight for that freedom.
14. I'm thankful for a Father in heaven who I know listens to my prayers and answers them in his own time and way.
15. I'm thankful for scriptures that help me to learn of my Savior and teach me the things I should do. I'm thankful for the peace I receive through prayer, reading scriptures and attending church. I'm thankful that I can make mistakes and that I can also be forgiven.
16. On the lighter side, I'm thankful for a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer (to do several loads of laundry with per week), indoor plumbing, electricity, a garage, heater and a/c and cars.
17. I'm thankful to live in a place where I get to enjoy each season to it's fullest. Winter is definately Winter here - snow piled up to the mailbox's . Fall is full of crisp, cool days with reds, oranges and yellows all around. Spring is wonderful and Summer is so dang hot, it's pool time all season long.
18. I'm thankful for wonderful friends and examples in my life. I'm thankful to have found that once-in-a-lifetime kind of friend. She's practically a sister. You know that person? The one you have so much in common with, tell everything to, do everything together, would do anything for. It's a priceless gift to have found that kind of friend and it doesn't happen very often. I'm thankful that I know what that is and have felt that kind of friendship. It does something to your heart to have a friend like that. You know who you are:)
19. I'm thankful for digital cameras and scrapbooking.
20. Homemade bread, cookies, chocolate, rice krispie treats, etc., etc.
21. Fabric stores and my sewing machine (which is hands down the best material gift I've ever been given.)
22. I'm thankful for airplains and sometimes road trips.
23. I'm thankful for birth control and sometimes not.
24. I'm thankful for the good and the bad. Thankful to beable to make choices.
25. Thankful that I didn't stay at Ricks College and came to Provo and met Ryan.
It's all good and I'm thankful to have been pondering this topic for the last few days! So... What are you thankful for?