Utah - The best snow on earth!

Monday, November 10, 2008

I think that's what they say anyways. Well, I am not a skier, but I couldn't believe it when last week I woke up to this beautiful blanket of fresh white snow. It snowed almost all day. I have grown to love the snow since I moved from the wet Northwest to the dry state of Utah about 11 years ago. It is so festive and gets me in the mood for the holidays. Now, it wouldn't be Christmas without it!

Here are Blake and Maya before heading off to school that morning. Hey, didn't school get cancelled back in the day when we had this much snow? Oh, those "Snow Days" were some good times though...

Later that night - sledding! Well, it wasn't suppose to happen at night, but by the time I had a free minute to fulfill the promise I made to them to go, it was 5:30 p.m. Hence the moon. My kids were loving it. They were going down backwards and flying off jumps. I even tried to go off a jump too - but that wasn't a good experience. I was the biggest baby of us all. Complaining to myself about the cold and secretly wanting to go home. I was tempted to just wait for them in the car, but didn't want to miss out on the family time. Luckily the hill was just down the street from us, so making the quick outing was not too big of an ordeal. Then when we went back to the house, we finished off the night with a little hot cocoa and (for some reason) the kids pulled out twister and tried to play it with just themselves. Fun times!


I hope this gets you in the mood for Christmas. It's just around the corner you know!

4 comments:

  1. Will you please, please enjoy the snow for the Rader family? We wish for it and Utah every day. Just think, you could be changing your kids clothes any time they step outside because the bottoms of their pants are soaking wet. How did we ever make it growing up in the NW anyway?
    Oh, and those snow days were tons of fun. Good time, good times.
    Miss and love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like fun u guys you guys always put a smile on my face when i see ur family it sure was fun our weekend a way thanks amber i just love to see all ur wrok keep it up we most get together some time soon and srapbook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber looks like so much fun! Wish we had snow like that here at home. Brooklynn's only seen the snow once and was terrified. Guess that's what happens when you come from a place that is almost unheard of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber! ISn't it crazy that we got that much snow? I was SO not ready for it yet...but today's weather kind of made up for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber