"No, I'm not pregnant."

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh, where do I start?

(And, I have a tendency to regret putting postings up on this blog where I rant and rave about things, so I will try not to say too much:))

I'm just wondering why some people find it necessary to ask someone if they are pregnant when they aren't 100% sure? Why is that? Maybe they feel like it will make them and the person they're asking (if they're right) kindred spirits because they were the first person to know the "secret"? But, if they are wrong, it could really make that person's day go from good to bad. Right? Wouldn't it be better to just wait and let their hunch be verified either way at the appropriate time?

I guess that is all I will say about that.

Oh, but before I go, I feel like I should apologize for not having abs of steel. Sorry people, but yeah, I'm kind of down right now. Guess I really do need to get going on losing those 15 pounds.

Man, some people...what are they thinking?

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! I hope your not refering to you?! You hardly look prego, and if you lost 15lbs you'd blow away. I wish I knew a good come back for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same thing happen to me...I swear I COULD pass for being 3-4 months pregnant some days...my abs are not steel either (in my dreams)...and I'm VERY self-consious about it and would react the same way...I think you look GREAT! :) I don't know why some people have a need to say something when they aren't sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweet Amber... you know what I would say to people that asked me that - so take it from there. Be rude! It's okay - they were rude to even ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, seriously, some people are such idiots. Let me just say, "YOU DO NOT LOOK PREGNANT!" And who has abs of steel? Not anyone I know. We really need to think up a good comeback for this since it seems to happen all the time to all sorts of people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Amber don't let it affect you....some people are idiots and really don't think before they speak, me being one of them:). But come on, people who ask that before it is known really need some common sense. You look great! On a funny note, it totally makes me think of that Brian Regan joke you and I were laughing at one time. Seriously, some people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people, right? They sure know how to push a girls button. Sorry that happened to you. You are cute and they're just jealous. : )

    I sure wish you were prego. I would have so much fun watching you decorate a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ONLY reason I haven't been asked that question is because I'm male. Otherwise, my appearance hovers at the 3-4 months stage.

    Ahhh.... I'd be stoked if 15 pounds were my only problem.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber