Friday, May 1, 2009

Just Found: Local Blogger

Just giving a quick shout out (do people still do that?) to a blogger I met the other day while at work at Just Sew. Her name is Calli and she has a great blog - all about making do with what you've got. Here's her address if you want to check it out: www.makeitdo.wordpress.com. She's got some great pictures & ideas of little girls skirts, aprons, table runners, garden & cleaning ideas just to name a few of the things she focus' on. I especially loved some of her suggestions to beginning sewers/quilters. Remember girls, you can't just whack away at your fabric (my words), you should measure twice and cut once (as Calli reminds us.) It's so important to be accurate and I just had to "second" that! Check out her blog to see more tips.

Also, I ended up whipping up a little wall hanging at the last minute the other day to count as completed project #6 for the Spring to Finish Challenge. Remember this stitchery from Wee Wonderfuls? Well, here is my version:


I had the stitchery done about a month ago, so I just decided to slap a couple borders on, do some basic quilting on my own machine (which I don't usually do since my machine is so basic!) and then bound it with the striped fabric on the bias.

The polka dots and stripes are from Sweet by Urban Chicks. I have to say that I was a little sick of binding by the end of that project. I had just finished doing the binding on the king size quilt (from the post below) that morning and then did this little wall hanging that same evening. I definitely need a break from that for a little while. But, the Challenge was great. I finished 6 projects and it feels great! I encourage any of you out there with some unfinished projects to see what you can get done in a month. Maybe I'll have to do my own giveaway for that, soon...

P.S. I am a little scared and a little excited right now. I got the "go ahead" from the hubby to get my 2 patterns printed. So I think I'm just about ready. I feel like there is a lot of other things I have to do though. Like get a domain name, a tax ID #, a new blog, just to name a few. I'm sure there are a million other things I should be doing, but my brain is swirling with too much information! This is just a little fantasy of mine, so I feel like I've gotta give it a go. Hopefully things will be happening with that soon! Wish me luck. I think I've got a little something I can giveaway at my "launch" party, so keep checking back for the link to my new blog!
Post a Comment