Fresh Watermelon

Thursday, August 27, 2009

THIS:

PLUS THIS:

EQUALS A FINISHED THIS:The pattern for the main body of this quilt is by Black Mountain Quilts.
The border was designed by a friend, Lori Neubert. Of course our quilts are a little different from each other though. Lori did a tan border with white daises, no stop border, a straight edge at the bottom and all of her lettering went across in one curvy line. It was so cute! I wish she had a blog - her quilts are AMAZING!!! This was such a fun quilt to make! Working on this quilt has taught me that my quilts tend to be a little prude and I need to have more fun with my creations in the future!

Kayleen Parry in Lehi, UT did the quilting on this and I am so pleased. She did a wonderful job. I even love the yellow daises, which I was nervous about. Too many colors of threads! Agh! Crazy! She used red on the log cabin blocks, yellow on the black stop border and cream on the bottom border. But, it all turned out fabulous. And she gives you 10% off with your first order :)

All of the applique was done using Heat 'n Bond and a tiny zig zag stitch. Yeah. I know. I consider myself a professional zig - zager now.

8 comments:

  1. It turned out way cute. And I LOVE the black and white...it adds a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love that watermelon quilt! The personalization at the bottom just makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE it! The yellow daisies are a great touch, too. Wow - I'm so impressed with how much you get done!

    You should ask your friend Lori if you can post a photo of her quilt; I'd like to see her version too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it!! Nice work!! How did you get the signature on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, this quilt is so cute! I love the border. I hadn't seen that part of it before. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Watermelon quilt it is fantastic!!!! You did an amazing job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE! I'm so glad I got to see it in person last week! Hard to believe this could be any cuter - but in person really is even better. You can see all the attention to detail that you give all your projects. What a cute treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the watermelon quilt!!! It is so fun and the quilting is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber