Thursday, January 21, 2010

Charming

I've had 2 Dandelion Girl charm packs [from Fig Tree] for a while now.  I finally got a chance to play with them the other night. 


For some reason, I am a little short on the amount of charms the Wild Thing pattern called for so I had to pull a few more fabrics from my stash.  Hopefully the florals and polka dots will make a nice addition to the plaids, checks and stripes that came in the charm packs.  What do you think?
Camille just did a fun post on her blog showing lots of different versions of her Wild Thing Quilt.  I love her blog.  It's one of my favorites!   

I've actually made a lot of progress with these blocks.  Chain piecing makes it pretty speedy.  I should be done with all the blocks tonight. 
This is a really fun pattern.  I can't decide if I will give this quilt to a special family when it's done or be selfish and keep it for myself.  We'll see.  Maybe I'll just enjoy it for a little while and then pass it on. 

Aren't the colors in it so soft and sweet?  They are so calming to me.  I think I know just the right family that might like this.  They might have to pry it out of my hands, but I think they'll like it:)
Post a Comment