Thursday, May 6, 2010

Color Me Bright

I'm a girl who likes to use up scraps.

 
So when my Sister-in-law Brittany {totally amazing quilter - check out her blog!}, told me about a really easy dresden tool, I knew I had the perfect fabrics to try it out on.  A lot of these fabrics are left-over from my Mod Medallions quilt, some are from my Wagon Wheels quilt and I had to buy just a few to freshen up the stash a bit.

I'm roarin' to go on a {bright and modern} 12-block dresden quilt.  I'm excited and determined that this will not be a 5-year project. 

2 nights ago - I got all of the wedges cut out.

1 night ago - I got all of the ends folded in half and sewed together to create the tips.  Like this:


Today, I cut them all off the chain and will also cut off the inside corners so that my tips will lay flat.


Over the next few days I plan to get all of the wedges above looking like the wedges below.


So this wonderful little tool, makes dresden's easy!  Full instructions, a
tip-poker-outer-thing and the ruler were included for the cost of $9.99 {minus a 40% off coupon.}  I'm not scared anymore! :)  It was really fun!


See?  I've got one and a half done!


I'm still auditioning fabrics for my centers, but aqua was my first inclination.  Any thoughts on that?  How do you feel about the polka dot background?  Kind of crazy right?  I think I like it though.  This ain't your grandma's dresden plate quilt. 

Now, I better go get snippin' and ironing before I get sidetracked.
(And I know I will because I'm expecting a treat from the UPS man today!  Yay!)
Post a Comment