Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's that time again



I've been wondering how Blogland would carry on with so many of my favorite people off at market... and then I remembered Amy.  She's hosting the 3rd annual Blogger's Quilt Festival right now.  This virtual tour of quilts is a great way to get to know other quilty bloggers and enjoy a whole lot of eye candy in the process.  Stop by Amy's blog to get a list of all of the entries in the festival.  We can still have fun as we sit in front of our computers day dreaming about Market, right!?!
So if you're reading this, I first want to say Hi.  Hello.  Welcome to A Little Bit Biased.  I'm Amber and I'm excited to meet you.  I wasn't sure what to share with you today, but then I remembered that I never officially posted about my first (and only, so far) recipe on the Moda Bakeshop.  I posted about the original CANDY HEARTS quilt back here, but then I made a spruced up version for the Bakeshop.  Here it is:


This is a special quilt to me for a few reasons.

- It was one of those spontaneous designs that came to me when I needed something cheery for my home after a long winter.  It really did the trick.

- It was a fun, fast and flirty project.  SCORE!

- Moda's Bakeshop actually liked it!?!

- They sent me free fabric to remake it in Moda fabrics! 
(When that UPS package arrived it was pure heaven I tell ya!)

- I love the cream background with the pops of color on the hearts and sashing.

- Who doesn't love ric rac? :)

- It was my first attempt at a ruffle edge quilt.

- My quilter did an amazing job quilting it.


You can click here for the tutorial. 

Well, that's my quilt.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm excited to meet more of you during this wonderful Quilt Festival.  Thanks to Amy for organizing all of this! 

Have a great day!
Post a Comment