Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberries

One of the highlights from my trip to the Northwest last week was picking blueberries at the Valley View Blueberry farm in Vancouver, Wa. (where I grew up.) 


Who knew that fresh off the bush blueberries taste like candy?!?  Seriously!  We were snacking on these delectable (and healthy) little morsels for days!


We had a good size crew picking for us that day...

My little sister, Cassie:


My nephew Ammon and niece Olivia :

 

My other cute little niece Brooklynn:


My sister-in-law, Jeannie:


Her son, Hunter:


and myself:
Excuse my enormous sunglasses (I didn't realize they were so big when I bought them. That's what I get for thinking I got a $3.99 "steal" at the Shade store. )


With everyone's help we were able to get at least 15 pounds of blueberries that day, which resulted in fresh blueberry pie and blueberry cobbler for days ~ Yumm!

   
 

And all of that would not be complete without a little homemade vanilla ice-cream on the side!

   

Post a Comment