Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chickens, Cherries & Checks

This little baby made it's way to a new home this past week.  I finished the binding while on my flight to Portland, OR. and we didn't even make it to my sister [Cassie's] house before I pulled it out of the bag.  I was so excited to give it to her!


The pattern is "Chickens, Cherries and Checks" from the book, Quilts for All Seasons...and Some for No Reason by Sandy Klop for American Jane
Finished size measures about 42" x 42".


Sandy's instructions for using fusible web and machine applique made this one of the most fun quilts to make. 

And the quilting?!? 
[Kayleen, you are my new BFF!] 
Kayleen Parry in Lehi, UT. did an absolutely AMAZING job quilting this.  I LOVE the cross hatching she did around the cherries and the chicken wire around the chickens.  Top notch, quality work and a great price ~ I so appreciate you Kayleen!  I'm one of your biggest fans!




Of course this gift wouldn't be complete without an embroidered label on the back.

And for the first time ever, I actually made two of these quilts at the same time.  One for me and one for my sis [sorry, but I couldn't resist! I just knew I had to have one too.]  I didn't even notice that I was doing twice the amount of work.  It was so fun!  Mine looks pretty much the same as this one, but since I was in such a hurry to get Cassie's done, mine is still at Kayleen's.
Post a Comment