This Is Where I'm At Right Now...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Literally.

Life is a bit crazy right now.  My mind is feeling a bit cluttered [and so is my desk].  I'm trying to make some big decisions.  Get some things lined up.  Get some projects done.  There's a lot going on.

And in the mean time, I am dreaming of this:


and this:


and cutting into these:


Aren't these mini charm packs adorable?  I won them from a giveaway at the Make Life Sweet Blog a week or so ago.  The line is called Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda ~ but I'm sure you knew that already.  It should be in stores any day now...  Anyways, the ladies at Sweetwater are always doing fun giveaways on their blog.  In fact, I think they're doing one right now.  So hurry, go check it out!!! 

Well.  Wish me luck.  Hopefully I can keep my head on straight this weekend.  I have the afternoon free, but don't even know where to begin to start getting things done.  I guess it's time to start making a checklist...

Any ideas on how to keep your head on straight [and the anxiety down] when your brain is swirling on high speed?

~ Amber

17 comments:

  1. Take a bath.. lock out the world.. Then go make your list. The world will wait, but it works better when you are relaxed, and slightly sane.
    Good luck with your sanity. We could all use just a little more :) But the quilting fun helps with the work part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths hunni....deep breaths!
    Your fabrics are looking yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. make a list and keep it in prioritized order... by seeing everything written down it doesn't seem so overwelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just in getting on to my husband about his work area being such a mess...papers everywhere...then I walked into mine...and realized it was worse. So you're not alone girlie!
    At least it looks like you are being very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm Sunkissed is beautiful! And, I'd definitely say a long relaxing soak in the tub is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I'm jealous of those charm packs! I want some of that line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot going on right now. But all good things. One step at a time. And like cassie said, Pray.

    I love the aqua and red. I gotta get mine out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh out loud when I saw your photo. My desk area looked just like that a couple days ago. And my head was swirling too! So I finally stopped everything and cleaned up. Got re-organized and what a difference. Although I must admit at first it was so neat and tidy, I didn't want to mess it up again. LOL ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been admiring Sunkissed actually and thinking about buying some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathe and hopefully life will calm down for you. Good luck with all your projects!
    Those mini charm packs are adorable.
    Christine
    http://thefabricjunkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet!! Love the Sunkissed minis!! List making under stress, never good! Relax, have some fun and the list will come to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck! That red and green dresden is going to be fabulous -- I can just tell LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I walk or run outside or on the treadmill. It really helps sort my thoughts and shoot off al that excess nervous energy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabrics...lists seem to help me...and cleaning up my mess...even though the entire time I'm cleaning I'm thinking I'd rather be sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute stuff Amber. Love your ideas/plans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Make a list. It helps clear out some of the "broken record" thoughts so you can concentrate on getting down what is in front of you. Letting in more time to get things checked off the list. Works great for me.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber