Market Highlights

Monday, May 16, 2011

Ahhh...It's over. 
Months of preparation, anxiety attacks and giddyness. 
Days of setting up, sleepless nights, meeting new people, seeing some familliar names and faces and meeting a few idols.  Ahhh...it's done.  It was wonderful and a lot of hard work all at the same time.  And now I'm looking forward to getting back on top of things here on the home front.

REGRETS:
Not taking more pictures and
not going to the Riley Blake party like I was planning on
(I was so tired!!  But, I heard I missed out on some craziness and some dancing. And, if you know me, you know I like to let loose on the dance floor!)

HIGHLIGHTS:
Seeing all of my planning and preparation come to fruition. 


Meeting blog authors that I love and some of my followers that I love :)


Here's Vanessa and me. 
I think I told her we should hang out sometime.  Then I realized that she was probably wondering who I was???  She's much cooler than I am (sorry about that, Vanessa!)  But, I still think that would be fun ~ if you don't think I'm too much of a stalker :)  


I was so excited to run into my sweet friends, Rae Ann Nilson, Susann Evans and Sherri from (A Quilting Life). 


Judi from Green Fairy Quilts was SO SWEET and friendly.  And, I really don't think she's that much taller than me!  She was just a mad woman in heels that day!  Can you believe someone so young can be so talented at quilting?  She really is amazing.  Glad we met, Judi!

L to R: me, Amy Ellis (from Amy's Creative Side), Allison Harris (from Cluck, Cluck, Sew), Vanessa Christenson (from V and Co.) and Erin Singleton (from Two More Seconds).  These girls are in a whole other level of blogging than I am, but it was such a treat to meet them.  So friendly and sweet!  

And, thanks to THE Miss Sandy Klop for taking our picture while we bombarded her booth.  Sandy gets the award for being the most down to earth designer.  Such a sweetheart (sending people my way, giving me plants from her booth to put in my garden when it was all over, answering questions for me, playing "catch" together...  She was just chill about the whole thing and it was a joy to be kiddy-corner from her booth!)

(My SIL, Brittany and Sandy: "pretending to be best frineds for a minute", as Sandy put it).

Another fabric and pattern designer extraordinaire that we were excited to meet was Camille (from Thimble Blossoms).  Her and her mom, Bonnie (from Cotton Way) shared a booth and it was darling!  We kind of stalked their booth in our down time.  They were super sweet and I loved being able to trade patterns with them!

See that quilt behind us?  Brittany and I will be making that soon (out of the Ruby fat quarter bundle we made a mad dash for at Sample Spree).  That's the only thing we bought.  We love Ruby (and the pattern, called Swoon)!!! We're going to try to split up the fat quarters in a professional manner, so as to not break up our friendship :)


This picture (above) is just a sliver of what it looks like at the Moda booth during Sample Spree.  And, this one below is just to show how awesome it is to take a picture while you're running into sample spree.  If you're as good of a photographer as I am, this is what you might get: 


Seriously.  I'm a dork.  I was so excited.  I was jumping up and down during the final few minutes before Sample Spree started.  We were at the beginning of one of the lines and then when the guy announced over the speaker that Sample Spree had begun, I ditched my group (it's every man for himself, right?)and started running with my camera in the air, just taking pictures of whatever.  (I lose all rationale when I get excited).  So, you might want to go to other people's blogs, if you want to see some actual pictures of Sample Spree.


Me and my besty, Sabrina.  She's not a quilter, but I dragged her to Market anyways.


Brittany is the only other quilter in my whole family, except for Gigi, so we have a ball together.  She was a HUGE help, setting up and manning the booth with me.  Thanks Britt!  I love ya!  One of my favorite keepsakes - our Moda photo booth pictures (I hope I didn't break your back!)  I told you, I lose all inhibition when I get excited...

Well, that's my take on Market.  Not the best pictures, but they're all I got.

Oh, and if you're wondering where you can get my patterns, young and old, you can stop by my etsy shop here.  Bye-bye!

26 comments:

  1. What a fun post! It was great to meet you! And your booth was unbelievably cute! I have a couple of patterns of yours I can't wait to make! Oh, and you'll love Swoon--it's such a fun quilt to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Brittany are so pretty! Loved all the pictures--so wish I could have been there!

    That next quilt looks like a real fun one, too. :)

    So proud of you sis!! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE you pictures! You had a great time it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just so adorable! I love your patterns! Your pictures are wonderful and it was so fun to see you at Market. Darn, I missed having my picture taken with you, too! I didn't take very many pictures either. I guess I was in awe of all the awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture and now I can put faces to so many of the bloggers I follow. Don't worry honey you are right up there with the other designers-----------just not in inches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, now I can put faces to some of the bloggers I follow. Don't worry honey, you are right up there with the big time designers-----------just not in inches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh...market. I went the last time it was in Salt Lake...GOOD TIMES! Sample spree is pretty fun too...how is it that you only bought one thing? Oh, and your booth looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Thanks for sharing Market with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber - you are a doll! - I am so glad we met. I should have kicked the heels for the picture :)
    You don't mind if I take that picture and post it on mine do you?

    Well - take care and keep in touch!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. The booth looks marvelous. :D Sure do wish I could have gone to Market! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been "stalking" all of my favorite blogs waiting for market updates! I love your blog! I feel like you are right up their with those you mentioned as being on another level! Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved to read your post, so much fun...
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, totally enjoyed reading & sharing in your trip! Loved the black ceiling & goofy you :) Soooo real :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the red necklace you're wearing with the white t-shirt! did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber, your booth is so darling! I can't believe how many quilts you turned out before market. I bet it's nice to just sit still for a second :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am proud of you! Yay - you got it done. p.s. - you are really starting to look like Tammy. p.p.s. - "besty"...?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what fun it was! Beautiful booth and quilts! Good job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Looks like you had a fantastic time! ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great, great pictures, Amber! I'm feeling the same - why didn't I take more? I felt like such a dork asking people to take a picture with me, so I hardly did it at all. Now I regret it. But at the same time, with so much to look at, it was hard to even remember to pull out the camera!

    And yes, we missed you at the RB party. It was so funny. (But I can totally understand you being pooped!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol, you are too funny, and YES lets hang out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did I spy some new Sandy Klop Fabric?????? Do you know what the next line is going to be called?

    Very pretty booth...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a fun crazy time. Hope you sold your patterns well too. Your booth is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWESOME recap!! Your booth looked amazing!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your booth was really darling. And I think it stood up to those that have been there for ages going to market. I was so proud of you. The pics are really cute. I regret not meeting some people but you've got pics of them. And pics of some of my friends. Vanessa is so much fun. Riley Blake party was outrageous! I know, we can't do it all though. Back to life. I sincerely hope you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amber,
    It was so fun to meet you!! So glad we were neighbors, you are just such a cute girl. I can't wait to dig in to my Every Which Way quilt- I'll keep you posted!

    Excellent running into sample spree pic, btw. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm still in a market fog -- I thought I'd commented on this post but can't find it. It was SO fun to meet you and your trusty sidekick -- your booth was adorable. The RB party was super fun -- but on the other hand, I missed the blogger's party .. boohoo!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber