Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let's Talk "Beds"

 Why is it that kids like to take pictures of anything and everything?  They'll take pictures of a blank wall, a computer screen, a pile of junk, the floor...

Well yesterday afternoon I walked into my little girls room and found her making her bed.  Weird right?  I mean, I hadn't even asked her to!  Normally it's like pulling teeth to get her to clean her room.  I guess it struck me as a little odd but I didn't think too much about it.  A little while later I went to get my camera and it wasn't where I had left it.  I finally found it upstairs on the kids sofa.  When I went to pull some pictures off my camera last night I found a plethora of wonderful pictures that my little girl had taken, including this one:


I'm glad she loves her bed (and my camera).  Whatever inspires her to clean her room is fine by me though :)  At least she had the sense to make the bed before she took a photo. 

So yesterday, I mentioned a little bit about an awesome Labor Day deal I scored on a queen size bed.  Here's the bed and here's the deal:


I found a very similar bed at an outlet store for $399.  I almost bought it for our guest room until my husband told me to slow down :)  You see, I was hoping to buy the $399 brown bed for our guest room as well as another queen size white bed for my daughters room.  But as always, my conservative husband pulled back the reigns.  So I didn't buy either bed, but I did continue on my merry way to look for the best deal on a white bed.

I went to about 5 stores and then at the last shop that I had planned on going to yesterday ~ I saw it.  Sitting on the front porch of this cute little barn/furniture store.  I saw the magic words:
"For Sale", "Queen" and "$150".  It also said, "small crack and scratch".  Well, we looked all over and this is all we could find: 


There was no crack.  Just a couple of little scratches that a little wood stain could fix.  Simple enough, right?  My mom guarded it while I got a sales person and after making sure it really was everything I had hoped for (and getting the go ahead from the husband) ~ I bought it!  I can't believe my deal.  It was less than HALF of the price of the original bed.  I guess it pays to shop around!

I think the new bed will go really nicely with this quilt I just finished. 


But now I need your opinion.  Wall color ~ what do you think?  Green?  Aqua?  Brown? Blue? Beige? What would you do?

Oh, and in case any of you are curious, this is the head board/foot board that I bought for my little girl.  It will be here in about 4 weeks.  Try to picture it with the French Roses quilt (from the first photo in this post). 


I may need your opinion on paint colors for that room too when the bed arrives.  Stay tuned :)

Oh, one last thing ~ I've had a couple people tell me that they've tried and couldn't leave a comment on my blog.  If you are experiencing that problem, will you please send me an email at adctd2qultng@gmail.com?  I LOVE to hear from you and definitely want to fix the problem if it's happening more than I realize.  Thanks!  ~ Amber
Post a Comment