Saturday, January 7, 2012

Orange and Turquoise

I've been working on a little of this and a little of that.
Not much to show quite yet, but I thought I'd give you a little sneak peak of my next pattern...


A simple charm pack friendly pattern.  I'm just finishing up the binding and have to write the instructions still but I'll show pictures soon.

I don't use orange very often but I was really happy when I got my allpeoplequilt.com weekly e-newsletter at the end of December and it said that the PANTONE color of 2012 is Tangerine Tango!  They even suggested pairing it with Turquoise!  Wow.  I'm not really a "trendy" person per say (I try to think outside of the box) but I have been loving this color combination for a while now.  Here are some of my favorite pics from Pinterest that I've been collecting in that color scheme:



click HERE for sources.

Fun right?

I actually got started making this quilt because of a challenge that my quilt group was doing.  Each person picked a brown paper bag that had two crayons inside.  We were challenged to make a project using those two colors.  We could use any shade of the two colors and we could also add one other color (white and black counted) if we wanted.  In my bag were orange and turquoise so I chose to make a quilt using lots of shades of both with white as my third color.


More pictures coming soon.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
~Amber
Post a Comment