Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sew Inspiring Rooms {In Color Order}

♥ ♥ ♥ Happy Valentine's Day everyone! ♥ ♥ ♥
Today we have another addition of

Photobucket

from Jeni at the blog, In Color Order.  I've been following Jeni's blog for a while now.  I think it was the vintage linen quilts that got me hooked.  She's teaching {again} at the 2012 Sewing Summit, loves to sew with bright, modern fabrics and has lots of great tutorials on her blog.  I am SO in love right now with her Patchwork Chevron Quilt that she designed for the Moda Bakeshop!  Oh how I love it. 



Hi Everybody! Thanks to Amber for having me here today to talk a bit about my sewing room! I live in a teeny tiny apartment with my boyfriend and bunny, but am lucky to have our entire second bedroom for my space! There is fabric stuffed into every nook and cranny!

Sewing Room by jenib320
Sewing Room, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
My all-time favorite piece of furniture is the antique schoolhouse table my Dad gave me when I moved into my first apartment. It houses my sewing machine, cutting mat, lots of notions, tools, and even my fabric stash! It's sturdy and old, and I love it!

Sewing Room by jenib320
Sewing Room, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
This is my view from my sewing machine. I like to keep my inspiration board filled with things that make me happy: business cards and notes from friends, sweet mini quilts/embroideries, ornaments and a few fun notions. Hello burlap ric-rac!

Sewing Room by jenib320
Sewing Room, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
As I mentioned, the majority of my fabric stash lives under my sewing table. I keep them organized by color in rubbermaid containers to make it easy to find what I need.  Since they're hidden away under the table, they are protected from the sunlight, which can be damaging!

Sewing Room by jenib320
Sewing Room, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
The back wall holds my vintage sheet stash, and whatever fabrics I'm currently using.

Sewing Room by jenib320
Sewing Room, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
And finally, my favorite part of my sewing room is the quilts and mini quilts hanging on the walls. As renters, we are unable to paint, so I bring color to my space by hanging lots of quilted treasures on the wall! And, fairy lights tend to just make everything better! :)

I hope you've enjoyed looking around my space!

♥ ♥ ♥

Oh my gosh, fairy lights do make everything better.  I need some!!!
And, what?  Burlap ric-rac!  I never knew...  What an inspiring room. 
Thank you, Jeni for sharing your creative space with us!

Feel free to leave Jeni some comment love below.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment