Monday, April 23, 2012

Square Dance {a new pattern}

Oh my gosh.  Am I the biggest slacker, or what?!?
Well.  She's done.  She's finally done!!!
I'd like to introduce you to...


Little squares sashay around big squares in this patchwork quilt design. 
Thus, the name ~ Square Dance.

And as promised back in this post, three of you win a free pattern for suggesting that perfect name!  Ryanamysmom, Kadybug and b davis: if you're listening please send me your snail mail addresses and I will get these patterns in the mail to you!  Thank you sooo much for helping me with the name.  There were so many great ones to pick from.  It was hard to decide :)


Did you know that one quilt challenge and two crayons in a brown paper bag inspired this color scheme?  And lucky for me, tangerine is the 2012 Pantone color of the year!  I love this combination right now!  Isn't it fun?


Square Dance is charm pack friendly, great for beginners and would easily convert to a bigger size quilt.


As is, the finished size is 38" x 54" (crib size).


Whenever I do a new pattern, I try to do a giveaway to celebrate.  Soooo...  I have gone through my scraps and put together one charm pack for one of you (my sweet readers!)  This charm pack has forty 5" squares in almost identical fabrics (there are a few substitutions - think chevrons!)


If you want to win my new pattern (Square Dance) and this lovely set of orange and turquoise charm squares, leave me a comment below.  Make sure you're a follower and be sure to leave some contact info.  I'd love to hear what you think of my new little design.  You have until midnight on Wednesday to enter.  Good luck!

~ Amber

P.S.  There's more information HERE about this quilt.

Post a Comment