Friday, October 19, 2012

A Blook Tour

Just over a month ago I was browsing around on Pinterest and spied this darling quilt.  I immediately fell in love with the striking, yet playful colors and the original flowers that are so delicately appliqued throughout.  I didn't know who made it or who designed it but I knew I loved it!  It was immediately pinned to my "Quilt Love" board.


About a week or two later, my friend (and quilt designer extraordinaire) Jill Finley stopped by the quilt shop I work at to tell us about her new book, Home Sweet Quilt.  I couldn't believe my eyes when that very quilt I spied on Pinterest a couple of weeks prior was gracing the cover of her new book!



Needless to say, I was thrilled when Jill sent me an email asking if I would like to be a part of her Blog/Book Tour or "Blook Tour" as Jill likes to call it :)




Home Sweet Quilt is filled with 12 darling projects and great instructions! One of the things that I am most excited about is the fact that Jill includes a detailed description of how to applique - the Jillily Way!

I don't know if I ever told you but it was Jill who got me excited about applique.  I had tried it several times throughout the years but I always felt a little overwhelmed since there are about a gazillion different methods out there!  That changed a few years ago when Jill came to the quilt shop one day to do a demo of her method.  She made it look so easy and I was sold! I've been using her method ever since.  Her book is as good as her demo with several pages dedicated to teaching her applique method.  Lots of photos are included too!

So lucky for you, you get the opportunity to win an e-copy of
Home Sweet Quilt!  Just leave a comment below and I'll pick a winner Sunday night. And if you can't wait or want to get your hands on a hard copy you can purchase Home Sweet Quilt through Martingale.

Until then, be sure to check out the other participants in Jill's Blook Tour where you can see some of the other great projects from Jill's book as well as earn more chances to win great prizes!


     
Sat, Oct 13:                 Aurifil Threads                        http://auribuzz.wordpress.com/
           
Sun, Oct. 14:             Linda Lum DeBono                   lindalumdebono.blogspot.com/
                                   
Mon, Oct 15:              Madame Samm                       www.sewwequilt.com
                                                           
Tues, Oct 16:              PamKittyMorning                    pamkittymorning.blogspot.com
                                                           
Wed, Oct 17:              Amy Ellis                                 amyscreativeside.com/blog/

Thur, Oct 18:             Stitch This (Martingale)              http://blog.shopmartingale.com/
                                                           
Fri, Oct 19:                Chitter Chatter Designs             creativityamongstchaos.blogspot.com
                                   Gigi's Thimble                           alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com
                                                           
Sat Oct 20:                 Jacquelynne Steves                   thenoblewife.blogspot.com 
 
Sun Oct 21:                Henry Glass Fabrics                 henryglassfabrics.blogspot.com      


Thanks for stopping by and happy quilting!
~ Amber
   

** THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED**


Post a Comment