A simple quilt

Thursday, October 25, 2012

 This was a baby gift for a quilting friend.  
It was inspired  by this post by Sandra Saunders.


It was probably my second or third attempt at machine quilting it myself.  I finally learned how to install my walking foot that I got last year for Christmas and marked the lines with a water soluble marker.  It was fun to zip along ~ so smooth and no tucks!


My squares were cut at 6 1/2".
My sashing was cut at 2 1/2".
My outer border was cut at 4".


I'm glad I found the white with grey dot background fabric.
I later found out that my friend doesn't like solid white backgrounds!?!  That's kind of my "go-to" filler fabric so I'm glad I decided to mix things up this time!


A simple little homemade gift.
Perfect for snuggling with :)

23 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love those little trucks block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this post is "A simple quilt". I'd say it packs a big punch though. Each of your fabric selections is absolutely perfect and I love the rick rack and binding. They're the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also prefer some kind of non-solid-white background so I love that gray dot!! Beautiful little quilt. I love the rick rack in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute baby blanket - love the colors (the background too - grey dots great choice!) and that ric-rac trim is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the quilt is beautiful and so is the quilting. I love the Rick rack too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clean and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little quilt Amber. The background is perfect as is the large ric-rac. I know what you mean about the quilting. I am finally venturing out and doing some straight line machine quilting too. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful quilt! Love the ric-rac on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindi,

    The fabric is called Stella Dot from DEARSTELLADESIGN.COM. I hope that helps!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute quilt and I love the touch of ric rac.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable Amber! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome that you can quilt your own quilts. Love the fabrics and colors you've chosen. Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where did you get your fabric? All from dearstelladesign.com? I am having such a tough time finding cute fabrics like these!

    Great job.

    Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fabrics in this quilt! Where did you get such great fabrics?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute! how did you do the ric rac?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think just maybe I can do this--love it much. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No tutorial? I think I can figure it out, but she tutorial would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the inspiration. After looking at your photos I put together a charm square baby quilt of my own.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber