Thursday, May 30, 2013

The World's Fastest Teacher Appreciation Gifts and a Flimsy

 It's been a great school year and I couldn't have asked for better teachers for my kids.  I'm so thankful for the teaching and love they received every day.  Their teachers really gave 110%! Today is the last day of school and as always, I waited till the last second to put something together to show my appreciation.  So last night I ran down to our local smoothie shop and got them all gift certificates (2 teachers, 1 teacher's aide and 1 bus driver).  

 
With a little graph paper and Washi tape, I attached a little note that says,  

"You've been a real 'SMOOTH' teacher this year!"
and
"Thanks for giving us a 'SMOOTH' ride to school this year!"

(Both of my kids commented on how cool the tape was!  
What can I say, Washi makes everything cute :) 
  

There isn't a gift that could sufficiently thank their teachers but I hope they'll enjoy a yummy treat on us :)  

I also finished this flimsy last night.
I've been working on lots of different projects lately (that I can't share pictures of quite yet :) so it was fun to squeeze in some time to make something for the quilt shop I work at.


This was a fun little project to try out the new Jaybird Quilts Hex N More ruler.  I used Summer House fabrics from Henry Glass + a few random pieces.  I really loved working with the Hex N More ruler!  It was easy to cut with and the pieces went together quickly and easily.  It was a little pricey (about $24) but I splurged because I figured I'd use it time and time again.  After finishing this flimsy last night I started itching to make another quilt with my son's collection of fat quarters!  So I guess that's a good sign!

Well, I'm off to the school now to catch a little of 
the end of year festivities!
Happy quilting!
~ Amber
Post a Comment