Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Honeysweet Itty Bitty Table Runner

Sometimes I think the simplest blocks are the cutest.


And when you have fabric that you're in love with - you hate to see any go to waste!  So after making three other projects (literally) out of this new fabric line from Fig Tree Quilts called Honeysweet, I decided to add a fourth to my list!  


This is an itty bitty table runner 
(for like, a really narrow table - which I don't own - see end of post :).


The whole thing measures 7" x 36" from point to point.


I used 2" squares for my blocks and then used the EZ Flip 'n Set Ruler by Darlene Zimmerman to cut side setting triangles.  Then I sewed 2" strips onto the ends. 


I used red for the center squares and then made five "X's" (the whole block is really just a 9-Patch) using the rest of the colors from that line.  My background fabric is another one that I can't get enough of - Hints of Prints by Darlene Zimmerman for Robert Kaufman. 


My back is from a different, previous line from Fig Tree Quilts.


Isn't the quilting pretty?  
Kaylene Parry in Lehi, UT. did it for me.  
I use her a lot.  She always does an amazing job!  


And well, after all that - I've decided to give it to my friend.  I think she will be able to find a nice spot for it in her home and the pretty prints seem like they will fit in nicely with her decor.


Now, I'm off to make a special delivery!  I hope she likes it!

But before I go, I get to officially mark this off my January To-Do list!  
Several other projects are "in the works" too!  I'm getting lots done and loving the sense of accomplishment I feel when I get to check something off the list!  What about you?  Are you writing down your intentions for the month?  I promise it really helps :)

Happy quilting!
~ Amber

Post a Comment