Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sabrina's Sea Glass Quilt {Finished}

 I mentioned the start of this quilt at the beginning of the year and since it's been on my quilting "to-do" list I wanted to give an update.  It's finished and delivered!  Wahoo!


I made it for one of my best friends.  I let her pick out the pattern and the fabric and I think it suits her beautifully!


The fabrics are from an assortment of different fabric collections.  We were mostly trying to work with the colors she has used to decorate her family room with.  Her wall color is this blue/green color and she has cream sofas with little accents of red on her pillows and decor.


 My friend is very classic in her fashion and decorating choices so this pattern was perfect for her.  9-Patches and Snowball blocks - you can't get much more classic than that!



I chose a simple meandering leaf design for the quilting.  I thought it went nicely with the red and cream floral print.


Although I probably didn't need a pattern for this quilt (because the blocks are so common) I did buy a little book that had all the fabric requirements figured out for me.  The book is titled, Twinkle, from Fig Tree Quilts.  It's a nice book because Joanna shows different layouts and color options.  

A few more details about this project can be found HERE.

I'm glad to check another project off my list.  
Are you joining in the quilting "to do list" fun?
It's a great way to stay focused! 

Have a great day!
~ Amber




Post a Comment