Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Two Table Runner Finishes

I'm a little behind in blogging about a few items on my February "to-do list".  I finished up the quilting of this granny square table runner at the Quilt Bliss Retreat I went to in the beginning of February.  I was able to finish the binding a couple weeks later while sitting at 2 hours of futsal practices for my son.


Most of the fabrics are from Joel Dewberry's fabric line, Botanique.  
I really love him I mean his fabric :)  Big fan.


I added in a few others from my stash just to break things up a bit.


As you can see, I made 7 granny squares with no sashing in between.  Originally I had planned to sash it but then realized it wouldn't have fit on my table.  I kinda like how it turned out though.  I did add on some borders so that it would cover most of my table top.  I didn't want my decor to be tip toppy (that's a word, right? :)


All of my squares were cut at 2 1/2" 
so the blocks finished somewhere around 9".


For the quilting, I followed the edges of the outside squares with my walking foot to create a zig zag pattern.  Once I did the first line, I was able to use the walking foot to mark the rest at a 1/2" apart.  The zig zags kind of make a herringbone pattern and I love, love, love it!



It has a happy place in my family room and I love the fact that my new (ish) table is not getting scratched up anymore from my mercury glass vases 
(a TJ Maxx purchase from a year or so ago).
 

 I also finished up an old WIP and donated it 
to a church auction we had a few weeks ago.


This was a very simple pattern - just sashed 9-Patches.  
The fabric line is Hometown from Sweetwater 
(with of course, a few other ones from my stash thrown in!)


I quilted it myself with little loops.  I was kind of disappointed with that so don't look too close.  Guess I need to practice more!


Oh well, glad to check that one off my list!

Happy quilting!
~ Amber

Post a Comment