Quilty Fun Turns One!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And to celebrate,
Lori Holt created the most darling birthday block!


When I saw it, I knew I just HAD to make one too!


It was so much fun to make and came together so quickly.
I seriously spent more time picking out fabrics 
than I did on the cutting and piecing.


I'm still debating how I want to finish this little cutie 
but for now I just want to say... 


Happy Birthday Quilty Fun!  It's been a fabulous year!
I ♥ my Apple-licious quilt and my Quilty Fun Sampler! 
(which is almost bound - pictures coming soon :)

If you haven't had the chance to get your own copy of Quilty Fun, 
it's not too late!  It's available HERE from the Fat Quarter Shop. 

Happy quilting everyone!
~ Amber

Click HERE for the instructions 
to Lori Holt's birthday block.


10 comments:

  1. Super cute Amber! Love the linen:)
    Thanks for joining my party and making a Quilty Fun cake!!!
    xx
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric choices, and I love the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love your elegant fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of fabrics for this block. Of all the blogs I follow who featured their own version of this block, you're the only one who thought to put a little flame on it, even if it is temporary! I know I will work one in if I make this block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake block has an Elvis Presley look. Reminds me of the pink Cadillac cars that he had.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber