Monday, February 16, 2015

Single Wedding Ring Blog Hop

When my friends from The Fat Quarter Shop
asked me if I wanted to participate in their
Single Wedding Ring Blog Hop 
(which starts today!) I just couldn't resist!


I immediately fell in love with this block
and it came together really easy.  
The hardest part has been deciding on a color scheme.  
This is kind of what I'm thinking so far...


(I'm kind of diggin' the vintage-y feel these fabrics have together.  
I love to mix the old with the new!)

I did end up cutting my squares a little bigger than the pattern instructs 
since I prefer to square up my Half Square Triangles 
(it just makes everything match up so nicely!)  
I cut my squares 3-1/2" and used THIS method for squaring them up.


I've only had time to make one block so far 
but I'm itching to get back to my sewing room so I can make more!
Luckily, I have a retreat coming up in a few weeks 
so I know I'll at least be able to work on it there.


The Fat Quarter shop has so generous provided a free pattern 
for this block which you can find HERE plus a really great how-to video which you can find HERE.  I love the method they show in their video for making HST's too - you should check it out!
Post a Comment