Preppy - A Five Fat Quarter Fun Pattern by Andy Knowlton

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

It's August 1st and you know what that means!!!
It's time for another Five Fat Quarter Fun pattern!


This time, Amanda and I invited a special guest designer to create a free quilt pattern for you that uses just 5 fat quarters (plus backyard and sashing fabric).  She's our friend Andy Knowlton 
who blogs at abrightcorner.com.  I've known Andy for a long time.  Even roomed with her at Fall Quilt Market a few years ago.  She is such a talented pattern designer, long arm quilter and blogger + a super sweet person and friend!  Be sure to stop by her blog to see what she's up to!

Andy designed a fun pattern this month called, Preppy, that I absolutely love!


I'm not going to share too many pictures of her quilt here.  You need to stop by her blog to get the rest of the details about her cute, cute quilt and to get the free PDF pattern!

I made mine a little smaller than the pattern because I needed another baby boy quilt to gift.  I loved how quickly and easily it came together!








Choosing colors was the hardest part of making this quilt but once I decided on my 5 fat quarters everything else was smooth sailing! I knew I wanted to use primary colors and this text print as the jumping off point.  The scalloped print added balance.  The only fabric I had to buy for this quilt was the back.  It feels so good to use your stash doesn't it?


I found the backing fabric for 50% off (which is always exciting).
It's Wheels 2 in blue by Deena Rutter for Riley Blake Designs!  Isn't it cute?


My friend Jen Ostler quilted this for me. She free-handed little swirls on it and did a great job.  It's been a while since I've used a free hand quilter.  Do you prefer computerized or free hand quilting?


Preppy is one of those patterns that would be perfect in any color scheme.
I definitely think I'll use this pattern again and again!

Be sure to stop by Andy's blog HERE for the free pattern.
We want to give her a big thank you for helping us out with our
Five Fat Quarter Fun series this month!  It was such a treat to have her join our team!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute quilt!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt, but Oops! the link said this page does not exist.


    I will try to type in without using link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! this is a really cute quilt. I love the pattern. Thank you for sharing the inspiration and many thanks to Andy for creating such a fun pattern.
    I will make this one for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! The perfect little boy quilt for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the quilt. I will make this one.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt and love the colors and fabrics you used! Hope you can fix the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this plaid look. Can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing so generously.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber