Single Wedding Ring Quilt [Finish]

Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy Friday, friends!
I know it's been a while but I recently finished a quilt that I wanted to share with you!  I originally posted about it HERE (with a link to the free block pattern) during the Fat Quarter Shop's Single Wedding Ring Blog Hop.  Well, the quilt is finally finished and I love how it turned out!


I always love to find a fun location when I photograph my quilts (apparently it's a little hobby that I didn't know I have :) and a friend of mine recently purchased a home with a lot of property and a barn that she was so gracious to let me use for my photo shoot!


And oh, this barn!!!  These pictures don't do it justice but when I came to the north side of it with the rusty metal doors, I just about died.  I couldn't stop looking at them next to the old barn wood.  Gosh, I was in heaven.  And couldn't stop taking pictures! So be prepared for more than enough :)


I tried to pick some of my most vintagy looking fabrics from my stash.  I used reds, yellows and blues for most of the blocks and then alternated between black and white fabrics for the backgrounds.


Most of the blocks use just two fabrics (one for the main part and one for the background).  But as you can see, I didn't have enough of some of the fabrics so I had to mix things up a bit!  I love the variety it adds and the "make do" feel it gives the quilt.  Scrappy quilts are my favorite!


The fabulous cable quilting was done by Abby Latimer in Draper, UT.  She did a great job and I think the cables really go with the vintagey look I was going for!


The backing is called Calligraphy Circles by Denyse Schmidt.


 And red gingham for the binding...


 Each block finishes at 12.5" which makes the quilt approximately 50" x 62".  A nice little throw size to snuggle with.


(One more barn picture for good measure...:)


It always feels nice to finish something.  

So, what are you finishing these days?
I hope you get some sewing time this weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Amber

28 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt came out. Great pattern and fabric choices! Now I may have to put this quilt on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a photoshoot! That barn is marvellous! So is your quilt :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great pattern, and your photos truly are beautiful. What a gorgeous setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The pattern was fun to make and the barn and property really were fun to visit!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Once I got going I wasn't sure if it would turn out but in the end I kinda like it :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a pretty quilt--lovely finish hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, love your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty scrappy quilt...the kind to cuddle up under. Awesome photo shoot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had so much fun taking pictures! :)

      Delete
  8. Your quilter did a stunning job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and great fabrics. Love the barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia! It was fun to pull from my stash for this one!

      Delete
  10. I love your quilt, it's beautiful ! I love the barn pictures too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Heidi! My friend is so lucky to have purchased such a beautiful property! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous quilt - so many awesome blocks and love the backing and binding, so perfect !! of course the barn backdrop is pretty for taking photos too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is just beautiful Amber and those photos are incredible, Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt! The cable quilting is perfect, love the fabrics, and as for the shoot setting......wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! It was fun to try out the cable quilting! I've seen it before but never had it done on one of my quilts before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt has turned out so lovely - it's such a beauty and I love those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty, Sis! Love your new blog header, too. Simple and chic! xo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber